Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just Do It!





*stepping on soap box*

Seriously people, what is so hard about recycling? I do not understand why when I drive down my street on my husband's favorite day of the week (trash day!) that less than half the homes have set out recycling bins for collection.

As previously stated, THEY ARE PICKED UP RIGHT ON YOUR FRONT LAWN. There is no having to drive to the recycling center with your used cans dripping all over your car's leather interior. Its simple: place recycling bin in garage, use can (box, paper, plastic, etc.), open garage door, throw empty can into bin, on aforementioned collection day kick the bin down to the end of your drive way, after collected kick bin back into garage. Then repeat. I need someone to explain to me which step of that was too difficult, I just don't get it.

Are we trying to deplete the world's resources so that our children have nothing but a barren wasteland left? If we truly care for our children wouldn't we want to leave them the best? I would assume that these people who don't recycle aren't likely to go to the Grand Canyon with a can of spray paint, leave the water running in the sink all day, or leave their car running in the drive way all night. Sure, I'm not changing to world by recycling, but if everyone did it, maybe it would could.

Mad props to all my homies that are trying to make a difference!

http://www.dosomething.org

No comments:

Post a Comment