Saturday, January 24, 2009

Here we Go AGAIN!


I know all kids like to do their favorite things over and over and over again. BUT, if I have to hear Salty sing this song again, I think I may go crazy. I have to preface this, so you can understand what it is I am talking about here. Salty is allowed a little T.V. time pretty much every day, as long as she hasn't been misbeahving too badly. Everything is pretty normal so far . . . this is where it gets a little interesting. Every day she wants to watch the same movie. Okay, you say, lots of kids have a favorite movie. But oh no, not like this. Salty has to get ready to watch her movie. She has to dress like Barbie. So, she changes into a skirt or dress, fancy shoes, necklace, magic wand (that looks like the magic mirror in her movie), backyardagain guitar, lightsaber for a microphone, pillow and blanket (those two were a no brainer). If something is missing, she has to pause the movie in order to find the misplaced item. Then she is ready. She promplty skips to her favorite part of the movie (the last five minutes) and watches it (and acts it out) over and over and over again for her half an hour of television viewing privilidges. She usually does not get to the end of the thirty minutes before her brothers, Dad or I have had enough of this song. I find that I am humming it while she is gone to pre-school and am having dreams about Barbies and best friends. I think its growing on me :o)

2 comments:

  1. All girl, that one. all. darling. girl!!! Future star, right here! (some day you can sell this for millions!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so stinkin' cute! I really can't wait to have a girl, it's a whole different world isn't it? So fun.

    ReplyDelete