Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Just Got to Shovel the Driveway, YEAAAAAA~!

I don't know how well you know me, but now you'll know a lil' secret. I LOVE to shovel snow. Right now you may be rolling your eyes up toward the ceiling, speculating on how long I will keep up the sarcasm, but I'm serious. Tingling fingers, wet crusty snow stuck to the bottom hem of my pants, runny nose and all.

Growing up in Eastern North Carolina, I didn't really have many chances to practice shoveling snow, but ever since we lived in Cleveland, I have come to love the monotonous feeling of bend, shovel, throw--don't slip (for I have on many occasions). I first started shoveling snow out of necessity (we lived in Cleveland-duh!), for we had to shovel it many times a day there, but I really grew to enjoy and look forward to the shoveling. I liked it so much, that even nine months pregnant with Salty, I would still run to beat Rice to the shovel, so I could do the shoveling.

It feels like it has been forever since I've gotten to say this, but I am happy today because I got to shovel snow. :o) By the looks of it, I may get to do it again before all is said and done, YEAAAA!!

*post script--the dog ran away while the fun was going on and has been out in the snow ever since--keep you updated on the frozen doggie. ..

*post post-script ..update, she's back and thawing :o)

1 comment:

  1. I always knew I liked you; now I know our bond...shoveling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete