Saturday, January 17, 2009

Raising Cane and Other Blunders

Today, while running around town, we noticed that there is a new fast food joint coming to town. There was a big sign saying "Raising Cane" would be coming soon. On the sign the "raising" was smaller and in cursive writing and the "cane" was larger and printed in script.

Rice says, "Cane. What kind of food do they have?"

I reply, "I think it's a chicken place. And it's RAISING Cane."

T-dawg pipes up, "Well, it sounds like a place where old retired people go to get their chicken fingers!"

*no offence if you like Raising Cane, are retired, or like chicken fingers.

Later the same day. . .
Salty was dressed up in her leotard, practicing her tap moves, when she needed a bathroom break. After a minute she called me in there.

"Umm, Mommy, what is in the toilet?"

(Here is where I do NOT want to talk about potty things--again!) I lean over to peer behind her and see her scrunchie that was holding her hair up floating in the toilet. "Oops, I guess your scrunchie fell off, huh?"

We laughed about it for a second, then I took a deep breath to ready myself (for she had already tinkled )and reached in. I held it over the bowl for a second to dry out before removing it when I hear, "Mom, something's dripping on my bhhhhuuuutt!"

I guess you have to hear the way she says that last word, okay its not really a nice word and hopefully you won't hear her say it, but it is totally funny.

Needless to say, we're headed off for baths :o)

Here is a link to another wonderful blunder http://nathanandemily.blogspot.com/2009/01/you-wan-piece-of-me.html --promise you will giggle

2 comments:

  1. We love "Raising Cane's" chicken fingers and their dipping sauce. Yum!
    Hope you bathed the hair scrunchie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the christmas card. We miss Ohio too. How is teaching going for you?

    ReplyDelete