Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our Visit to the Great White North (actually non-white, but there was snow)

We had a great time visiting with Rice's family in Canada over the Holidays. The boys were way excited for the road trip (meaning in kid language lots of free nintendo time in the car). Salty was excited to see Auntie (that means new Barbie movies and lots-o-shopping :o) and she wanted to share her impressive Vietnamese vocabulary (which consists of: shark, chair, telephone and classroom) with her Grandma & Grandpa. The kids were really glad to see everyone, especially their two-year old cousin that they haven't seen for nearly a year and a half. Rice was almost just as excited eat rice (something he hasn't seen in almost as long he jokes) with every meal while we were visiting.

I call this one the telepathic cousins, it would seem that they had some form of communication going on, I just couldn't put my finger on what it was. If you listen carefully, (not to the inane yelling) you can hear the little Ookie (the little monkeys from Mario Party) saying gunnng, gunnnng gunnnnnnnnnnng, Salty seems to understand the Ookie language better than I. My best guess would be, "Sit there and try to look bored whilst I pick my cute little nose." but I am no expert. I am just kidding, he is a smart, sweet little Ookie who stays up way past my bedtime, but I hear that's when he gets all his good learnin' in :o)

Little did we know, when we set out on our Northern Expedition, that we would find a New Light Saber Guy, but we did. The kids had a great time playing with their Uncle!

All in all we had a wonderful visit with family and Rice's old friends. Its wonderfulness was amplified by the use of our Family present of a GPS. Wouldn't you know it, that guy was always right! I have to admit, we doubted tom-tom from time to time. But he hit the mark every time--even if he did have a slight speech impediment. It was nice being gone, but even nicer to be home and back to our busy life. Here's to Family ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment